Inside/Commercial Wireman Apprenticeship Program:
Starting Wage: $29.48/Hr
This is a five year apprenticeship program. Apprentices accepted to the program join the
IBEW 332 union and are dispatched by IBEW to electrical contractors.
Throughout the program, the apprentice works during the day and attends
pre-determined class at the Electrical Training Center.
A Journeyman certificate is awarded upon successful completion.
Our next application day is:
Wednesday January 2, 2019
From 9:00am to 12:00pm
AS OF FEBRUARY 1ST, 2018 THERE WILL BE A FEE FOR ALL APPLICATIONS.
Payment can be made with a CREDIT/DEBIT CARD, CASHIERS CHECK OR MONEY ORDER MADE OUT TO EJATC.
NO CASH! NO PERSONAL CHECKS!
FEES DUE AT TIME OF APPLICATION
INSIDE WIREMAN: $50 Administration Fee
RESIDENTIAL: $25 Administration Fee
THE JATC WILL NO LONGER BE MAKING COPIES
ON APPLICATION DAY
APPLICANTS WILL NEED TO PROVIDE THEIR OWN COPIES
OF ALL REQUIRED ITEMS
*PLEASE NOTE: TRANSCIPTS NEED TO BE ORIGINAL IN
A SEALED ENVELOPE*
IF YOU DO NOT HAVE YOUR DIPLOMA/GED OR TRANSCRIPTS
AT TIME OF APPLICATION, YOU HAVE 30 DAYS TO TURN INTO
THE OFFICE OR YOUR APPLICATION WILL BE PURGED.
MUST BRING A PEN TO COMPLETE YOUR APPLICATION (BLACK OR BLUE INK ONLY!)
1. Complete Application on the next application day in person.
2. Submit required documentation.
3. Take the Electrical Training Alliance Aptitude Test* - Algebraic Functions & Reading Comprehension.
*Aptitude tests are typically held approximately 2-3 months after qualifying as an applicant. Test notification will be send by mail.
Study material can be found at:
Electrical Training Alliance - Guide to Preparing for the Aptitude Test. Sample test questions.
Electrical Prep - At cost classes to prepare for the Apprenticeship.
TECH MATH - Online Algebra course through the Electrical Training Alliance (Formally NJATC) for $125.00.
Khan Academy - FREE website that provides online training in Algebra and other courses. Watch videos and practice concepts.
Accuplacer Sample Questions - 26 page PDF file with Math, Reading Comprehension questions.
4. Oral interview only if a qualifying score is achieved on the aptitude test
(Oral interview takes about 1-3 months to get scheduled once you
pass the Aptitude test).
The Apprentice Electrician works directly under the supervision of and assists a qualified Journeyman Electrician in installing or maintaining a variety of approved wiring methods for distribution of electrical light, heat, power, radio and signaling utilization systems in existing or new buildings under construction of residential, commercial and industrial occupancies; including street and highway lighting, traffic signal and other outdoor above and below grade installations.
Minimum Requirements: Each applicant must:
1. Be 18 years of age or older, with proof of identification, such as a drivers’ license or identification card issued by the D.M.V. (Must have a valid drivers’ license at time of indenture).
2. Be a High School graduate or equivalent (Must bring proof ie: diploma, GED, etc...).
3. Have completed one full year (2 semesters) of algebra (or a higher math) in High School with a "C" or better in each semester, or one semester of algebra in College or Adult School with a passing grade of “C” or better.
4. Applicants will be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol test once you are accepted as an apprentice.
What to turn in on Application day:
1. A PHOTOCOPY of Driver's License or Identification Card
2. A PHOTOCOPY of High School Diploma/GED
3. An official printout of your High School Transcripts in a SEALED envelope signed by the Registrar’s Office that contains your high school graduation date and the algebra requirement or an official GED certificate which must include your graduation date. If you did not take algebra in High School, you must also provide your College or Adult School Transcripts as proof of meeting the algebra requirement (NJATC online Tech Math Course will meet the algebra requirement). NO EXCEPTIONS.
ATTENTION ALL APPLICANTS:
IF YOU DO NOT HAVE AN OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPT, H.S. DIPLOMA/GED, YOU HAVE UP TO 30 DAYS AFTER THE APPLICATION DATE TO SUBMIT ALL OF THE REQUIRED DOCUMENTS.
*time frames subject to change
DON'T HAVE THE ALGEBRA or NEED TO BRUSH UP?
If you do not have the required algebra credit or are unable to get verification, the JATC will accept the TECH MATH course offered by the NJATC.
Preparing for the Aptitude Test.pdf
Inside Application Procedures.pdf