Module 1 – Computer System / Hardware Basics – 3 hours
Key Point – Where can I go for help? … ask the computer!
- A short Computer History Session
- How does a computer work?
- How can a computer help you?
- Selecting a Mouse and Keyboard
- Understanding the system browser GUI
- Folders structure and File Formats
- File storage options, Hard Drive, USB, Cloud
- Graphics – capturing, modifying, and transferring
- Using the System Control Panel
- Using Keyboard shortcuts in tandem with the mouse
Module 2 – The Internet, Networks, and Webservices – 3 hours
Key Point – Where can I find answers? … ask the internet!
- A short history on the Internet / Web
- How does the internet work?
- How can the internet help you?
- What is “The Cloud”?
- What are cookies? What is a WebCrawler?
- What is a Virus?
- How does Google make its money?
- Social Media – definition, uses, precautions
- Effective Internet Searching
- Using Google Maps / Images
- Maximizing Email, Texts, and File Sharing
- Scavenger Hunt – Find me the information I request on your own
Module 3,4,5 – The Microsoft Office Family of products basic introduction – 9 hours
Key Point – Microsoft products are vast with incredible depth and functionality
- Microsoft Word – 3 hours
- Microsoft PowerPoint – 3hours
- Microsoft Excel – 3 hours
- Each module will cover the basic functionality of each program
Module 6 – Introduction to PDF’s, BlueBeam, and PlanGrid – 3 hours
Key Point – BlueBeam is a very powerful construction tool
- Understanding all the buttons – don’t let it intimidate you
- Going through the menu options
- Going through the side and bottom bars
- Setting up scaling for a drawing
- Taking off area, length, perimeter, circumference and diameter
- Using the mark-up tools
- Setting up tool kits
- Using spaces
- Comparing / Overlaying a set of documents
- Exporting summaries of take-offs
Module 7 – Using Microsoft Excel # 1 - Intermediate Formulas– 3 hours
Key Point – If you can imagine it, Excel can probably do it
- Using formulas
- Using Validation Menus
- Using Name Lists
- Using Tables
- Advanced Cell Formatting
- Conditional Formatting
- Creating geometry calculators
- Using Pivot Tables
- Using Match, Vlookup, and Index
- Write a voltage drop formula
- Create a Transformer kva calculator
- Create a Dynamic Feeder Schedule
Module 8 – Using Microsoft Excel # 2 – Advanced Formulas– 3 hours
** This class is only Personal Projects
- The Search / Sort Problem
- The Dynamic Material List
- Persistent Data Importing
- Modular Form Integration