Inside/Commercial Wireman Apprenticeship Program:
Starting Wage: $27.23/Hr
This is a five year apprenticeship program. Apprentices accepted to the program join the IBEW 332 union and are dispatched by IBEW to electrical contractors. Throughout the program, the apprentice works during the day and attends pre-determined class at the Electrical Training Center.
A Journeyman certificate is awarded upon successful completion.
Our next application day is:
Wednesday October 4, 2017
From 9:00am to 12:00pm
PLEASE BRING A PEN TO COMPLETE YOUR APPLICATION
1. Complete Application on the next application day in person.
2. Submit required documentation.
3. Take the Electrical Training Alliance Aptitude Test* - Algebraic Functions & Reading Comprehension.
Study material can be found at:
Electrical Training Alliance - Guide to Preparing for the Aptitude Test. Sample test questions.
Electrical Prep - At cost classes to prepare for the Apprenticeship.
TECH MATH - Online Algebra course through the Electrical Training Alliance (Formally NJATC) for $125.00.
Khan Academy - FREE website that provides online training in Algebra and other courses. Watch videos and practice concepts.
Accuplacer Sample Questions - 26 page PDF file with Math, Reading Comprehension questions.
*Aptitude tests are typically held approximately 2-3 months after qualifying as an application. Test notification will be send by mail.
4. Oral interview only if a qualifying score is achieved on the aptitude test (Oral interview takes about 1-2 months to get scheduled once you pass the Aptitude test).
The Apprentice Electrician works directly under the supervision of and assists a qualified Journeyman Electrician in installing or maintaining a variety of approved wiring methods for distribution of electrical light, heat, power, radio and signaling utilization systems in existing or new buildings under construction of residential, commercial and industrial occupancies; including street and highway lighting, traffic signal and other outdoor above and below grade installations.
Minimum Requirements: Each applicant must:
1. Be 18 years of age or older, with proof of identification, such as a drivers’ license or identification card issued by the D.M.V. (Must have a valid drivers’ license at time of indenture).
2. Be a High School graduate or equivalent.
3. Have completed one full year (2 semesters) of algebra in High School or one semester of algebra in College or Adult School with a passing grade of “C” or better.
4. Applicants will be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol test once you are accepted as an apprentice.
What to turn in on Application day:
1. Have Driver's License or Identification Card
2. High School Diploma/GED
3. An official sealed copy of your High School Transcripts signed by the Registrar’s Office that contains your high school graduation date and the algebra requirement or an official GED certificate which must include your graduation date. If you did not take algebra in High School, you must also provide your College or Adult School Transcripts as proof of meeting the algebra requirement (NJATC online Tech Math Course will meet the algebra requirement). NO EXCEPTIONS.
ATTENTION ALL APPLICANTS:
IF YOU DO NOT HAVE AN OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPT, H.S. DIPLOMA/GED, YOU HAVE UP TO 30 DAYS AFTER THE APPLICATION DATE TO SUBMIT ALL OF THE REQUIRED DOCUMENTS.
All records must be presented in English.
You can mail or hand-deliver the transcripts prior to the application to the:
Electrical Training Center
908 Bern Court
San Jose CA 95112
*time frames subject to change
DON'T HAVE THE ALGEBRA or NEED TO BRUSH UP?
If you do not have the required algebra credit or are unable to get verification, the JATC will accept the TECH MATH course offered by the NJATC.
Preparing for the Aptitude Test.pdf
Commercial (Inside) Application Procedures.pdf